Today we are joined by three special guests—Deanda Wilson, Brooke Cantrell, and Sean Gold—who all recently passed the CFP examination. In this episode, they will each describe their own unique path to passing the exam the first time, describing in detail their exact study plan approaches and daily schedules. They will also explain the pros and cons of the review provider vendor they used and how much time it ultimately took to receive their passing results.
Listen in as they share what actions they took in the weeks leading up to the exam to stay focused and disciplined, the routines they followed on the exam day to ensure that they were relaxed and prepared, and more. You'll learn their best advice for test-takers to get through the exam first time. If you aspire to be a CFP certificate holder, this is the episode for you.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How it feels to have passed the exam. (2:00)
- Why you should pursue the CFP designation. (7:02)
- The guests' plan of attack with studying for the exam. (11:38)
- What it was like being part of a study group. (23:10)
- How Dalton worked as preparation for the exam. (26:10)
- What Deanda, Brooke, and Sean did in the week leading up to the exam. (32:34)
- How they felt going into the exam. (42:00)
- The number one tip for someone taking their CFP exam. (53:01)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I realized the CFP was the standard of excellence, and that is something I always strive to be: the best that I can be.” - Brooke Cantrell Click To Tweet “Whenever anyone asks me about passing the exam, I think definitely finding a group is helpful.” - Deanda Wilson Click To Tweet “If you build a good plan or process, then you should trust it.” - Sean Gold Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Deanda Wilson: LinkedIn
- Brooke Cantrell: LinkedIn
- Sean Gold: LinkedIn
- Dalton Education
- Wiley Efficient Learning
- Brent Danko
- CFP Board
- How To Study For (And Pass) The CFP Exam
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.