In today's special episode, Jesse Lineberry joins me to talk all things planner compensation. Jesse is a CFP and Account Executive who works with a lot of our clients, and I’ve invited him on the show to talk about some of the placements we’ve made over the past few months, what the offers were, and what the compensation ultimately looked like.
Listen in as Jesse shares the trends that we’re seeing across the U.S. market, from benefits that go beyond the base salary and bonus to professional development budgets and 401(k) matching. You'll learn what you can expect when applying for a virtual position, where the hot spots are around the country for the most compensation, and advice for firms who feel like they can’t compete against the banks or wirehouses when it comes to the compensation game.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What compensation looks like in the Northeast market. (1:45)
- What can be expected after passing the CFP designation. (5:30)
- What we’re seeing in the Southeast market. (7:05)
- Who is paying the most when it comes to compensation. (12:30)
- What the market looks like in the Midwest. (14:30)
- What we’re seeing coming out of the Mountain States. (19:00)
- What it looks like on the West Coast. (21:20)
- Some of the more memorable rejections we’ve seen. (25:05)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“That professional development budget is something we’re going to see as a trend today. It is something that candidates are really starting to demand.” - Jesse Lineberry Click To Tweet “Some of these people are taking less comp if the opportunity is there.” - Caleb Brown Click To Tweet “Being patient is going to be part of the secret here.” - Jesse Lineberry Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Jesse Lineberry: LinkedIn
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.