Shane Kozusko is a recent graduate from the University of Georgia’s Financial Planning degree program. He joins the show today to talk about how he passed the Series 65 exam, including why he chose to take it, even though it wasn't a requirement for him. If you are planning to take the Series 65, this is an episode you can’t afford to miss!
Tune in as Shane shares the materials that he found the most helpful through the exam, as well as insider tips on the type of questions that he saw most frequently. We also discuss Shane's journey from military to financial planning, his exam prep tips for the day before and the day of the exam, and advice for new planners trying to get hired.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Why Shane decided to take the Series 65 exam. (2:20)
- The cost and questions to expect for the exam. (3:45)
- The most frequent types of questions Shane saw. (5:10)
- Why he settled on Kaplan for education. (6:35)
- Shane’s tips for affording the exam. (9:20)
- How the Series 65 made job hunting easier. (11:50)
- What the hiring process was like for Shane. (14:40)
- How his military background helped him pass the Series 65. (19:00)
- Shane’s biggest fear going into the financial planning profession. (21:55)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Pass is the only option—I was not going to accept failure.” - Shane Kozusko Click To Tweet “It’s going to pay for itself in the long run.” - Shane Kozusko Click To Tweet “My father taught me at a young age the importance of saving, investing, and just being financially literate” - Shane Kozusko Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
Download your free copy of the New Planner Career Roadmap!
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Leave a Reply