Brooklyn Brock is the founder of Ellevate Advisors based out of Tulsa, OK. Offering financial planning and exit coaching for advisors, Brooklyn joins the show today to talk candidly about how she found her niche in providing financial planning to other financial planners.
Tune in to find out what her initial planning process looks like, as well as the three points she has for evaluating succession planning opportunities. Brooklyn also shares her three points for gauging the retirement readiness of firm founders, why seeking outside counsel can help both parties avoid major mistakes that can derail a succession plan, and more.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Brooklyn got started in financial planning and how she got to where she is now. (2:00)
- Why she pursued other credentials. (6:00)
- How Ellevate Advisors helps financial planners. (8:45)
- Some of the good signs of a successful succession plan. (13:10)
- What new planners can do to broach the succession planning discussion. (17:00)
- What happens when a new planner rejects a succession plan. (22:10)
- How to evaluate succession opportunities. (23:10)
- Why firm owners may be reluctant to plan for an internal succession. (24:30)
- What it looks like to work with Brooklyn. (28:30)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“If we don’t have our own finances organized and on track for our own financial goals, there is a lot of guilt and shame associated with that.” - Brooklyn Brock Click To Tweet “We don’t always practice what we preach.” - Brooklyn Brock Click To Tweet “If you feel like something is not right, it is definitely okay to reach out and ask for help.” - Brooklyn Brock Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Brooklyn Brock: Website | LinkedIn
- The FPA Next Generation Planner article discussed in this podcast
- Ep #08: NAPFA Genesis Professional Community For New Planners With Ben Jacobs
Download your free copy of the New Planner Career Roadmap!
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Leave a Reply