At just 25 years old, Ben Jacobs is already a Senior Financial Planner at Elwood & Goetz Wealth Advisory, managing several team members and leading the 401(k) retirement planning division for the firm. Today he joins the show to discuss his role with NAPFA Genesis and the benefits the community offers to new planners, the interview process he went through to get hired at his firm, and what were the keys to growing his confidence and skills to add massive value to his firm and quickly move up the ranks.
Listen in as Ben shares how he secured his role at Elwood & Goetz and why he pursued the CFP, AIF, and EA credentials. He also discusses how he has overcome age bias from older clientele and why he credits NAPFA Genesis with a lot of his successes thus far. If you are a young planner searching for a way to get started, this is the episode for you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Ben got started in financial planning. (2:40)
- The interview process he went through to get hired. (6:20)
- What he loves most about financial planning. (13:20)
- Why he got his AIF designation. (16:10)
- Whether he receives pushback because of his age. (18:25)
- Advice for new planners who may be lacking in confidence. (21:23)
- Why Ben holds a special place in his heart for NAPFA Genesis. (25:50)
- How NAPFA is creating a more diverse and inclusive environment. (28:51)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“You have to put on a little bit of a show in terms of bumping up your confidence a little bit.” - @Benjewcobs Click To Tweet “That’s really the thing that gets me most excited about being a financial planner is being able to help everyone.” - @Benjewcobs Click To Tweet “We are stronger together than separately.” - @Benjewcobs Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: