Erin Bruce is an Associate Planner with Cannon Financial Strategists based out of Athens, GA. She joins me in this episode to share what an associate's day-to-day life looks like, including the three things that make up most of her day, and why financial planning is a great career fit for her.
Listen in as we dive into her experience transitioning from student to professional, how other planners can make the transition as smooth as possible, and what Erin did while still in college to set herself apart. Erin also shares why she decided to pursue both the AFC and CFP credentials, how she found her internship, and how she splits her time currently between the retirement and financial planning sides of the business.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What Erin does at Cannon as an associate. (2:00)
- Her tips for new graduates transitioning from student to professional. (4:45)
- How she landed the role with her current firm. (6:50)
- Her favorite type of client to work with. (12:20)
- Why she has chosen to stay with Cannon. (13:10)
- Her experience participating in a Retirement Planning Knowledge Bowl. (18:00)
- Erin’s tips for new financial planners. (21:15)
- Why she took both the CFP and AFC tests while still a student. (24:00)
Ideas Worth Sharing:”Take that knowledge and run with it because fit will ultimately make you become a better advisor.” - Erin Bruce Click To Tweet ”Ask questions. Be eager to learn.” - Erin Bruce Click To Tweet ”Anything you can expose yourself to in the profession is helpful.” - Erin Bruce Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Erin Bruce: LinkedIn
- The National Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrators
- Cannon Financial Strategists
Download your free copy of the New Planner Career Roadmap!
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Leave a Reply