Nick Prigitano is a Financial Advisor with Milestone Financial Planning based out of Bedford, NH. He first got started in financial services by interning at several tax preparation firms, and he joins me today to discuss how he eventually pivoted to financial planning.
Listen in as we discuss how Nick found his first position with a large financial institution and what that role entailed, as well as why he went after the CFP designation and how his career focus shifted after going through certification. You'll learn why he sought out a fee-only RIA firm to work for, the pros and cons of a large institutional firm vs. a small boutique RIA firm, and why the smaller firm is a better fit for Nick despite the step back in compensation.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What Nick’s current role entails. (3:30)
- His tips for moving up the job ladder quickly. (5:55)
- How he got started in the financial planning industry. (7:40)
- How he knew he wanted to work for an RIA. (12:15)
- The challenges of going from a large firm to a smaller firm. (15:00)
- How compensation differs among the large and small firms. (17:00)
- What the business development requirements have been for Nick so far. (20:50)
- Nick’s career track. (24:00)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Just continue to grind and do the best work that you can.” - Nick Prigitano Click To Tweet “One step back to take two steps forward.” - Nick Prigitano Click To Tweet “Starting to get involved in the network is something I wish I did more of to learn more of what the industry is like.” - Nick Prigitano Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: