In this episode, we pick back up with Karina Linehan, an Associate Advisor with SAGEbroadview Wealth Management. Today we dive further into her experience transitioning from Corporate America to the financial planning world and how her previous roles have helped her to succeed in her current position.
Listen in as Karina shares how she started her career in audit at Johnson & Johnson before eventually pivoting to an insurance firm, as well as why she decided to make the change. She also discusses why she left a $90k per year salary to take a commission-only position and offers her best tips for getting started in a financial planning career.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Karina’s career trajectory with Johnson & Johnson. (1:40)
- Why she eventually left Johnson & Johnson to pivot to financial planning. (7:45)
- The salary difference from corporate America to her first role in the financial planning world. (14:30)
- How Karina knew SAGEbroadview was the place she wanted to be. (20:30)
- How the financial planning industry can attract more diversity. (22:10)
- Karina’s tips for getting into a career in financial planning. (25:00)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I just needed something different.” - Karina Linehan Click To Tweet “I wish I had known about New Planner sooner.” - Karina Linehan Click To Tweet “At the end of the day, we’re fiduciaries, and we’re there for our clients. - Karina Linehan Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Karina Linehan: LinkedIn
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.