Jen Goldman is a Certified Financial Planner and Business Transformer with Jen Goldman Consulting based out of Boston, MA. Jen knew she wanted to be a financial planner when she was 19 years old, and she joins the show today to share her story of how she thrived as a young woman in a male-dominated industry.
Listen in as we dive into how Jen brought in clients during her early days as a wirehouse advisor, the things she learned about herself and her skills after a few years on the job, and why she decided to move to the operations and management side of business. You'll learn how Jen managed having a family and two small kids while also pursuing her career, as well as what she would like to see change within the financial planning profession.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Jen’s career trajectory in the financial planning industry. (3:11)
- What it was like being the only female wirehouse advisor in her firm. (10:00)
- Why she moved from a wirehouse advisor to an RIA. (12:15)
- Why she transitioned into a virtual COO role. (15:45)
- How Jen balanced family and career. (18:45)
- The things that separate the top firms from the rest. (23:30)
- The changes Jen would like to see in the industry and her tips for new planners. (24:40)
Ideas Worth Sharing:”I knew I was going to have to test my skills on the phone to engage people that are strangers.“ - Jen Goldman Click To Tweet ”I gave more to my clients than I did to my family.“ - Jen Goldman Click To Tweet ”Whether you’re a business or a family, financial freedom is the goal.“ - Jen Goldman Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: