Sameer Somal is the CEO of Blue Ocean Global Technology and the Chief Talent Officer of Girl Power Talk. He is also an entrepreneur, expert witness, and speaker who has presented his thoughts and knowledge around the world.
In this episode, Sameer shares how he makes sure his interactions with others are memorable, how he builds relationships, and whether he believes that leaders are born or made. We also talk about the characteristics of effective leaders and how the Girl Power Talk program is cultivating the global leaders of tomorrow. If you’re looking to become a more effective leader, this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Sameer strives to make a lasting impression on others. (6:45)
- How Girl Power Talk is helping to build global leaders. (11:55)
- How to be a good leader. (15:45)
- Are leaders born—or made? (18:00)
- How Sameer keeps focused and manages his time. (21:00)
- What he would like to see more of from job seekers. (27:20)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Reputations are everything, especially the ones online.” - Sameer Somal Click To Tweet “You have to recognize that relationships are based on the intangible.” - Sameer Somal Click To Tweet “You have to lead yourself before you can lead others.” - Sameer Somal Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Sameer Somal: LinkedIn
- Blue Ocean Global Technology
- Girl Power Talk
- The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
- What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence by Stephen Schwarzman
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.