Dominique Henderson is the Founder of DJH Capital Management, a fee-only RIA, and The Founder of the Jumpstart Coaching Lab, a community for aspiring financial professionals offering virtual mentorship, training, and coaching. He joins the show today to discuss how his exposure to a diversity of cultures early on in his life paid substantial dividends for him as he began his career and building his firm.
Listen in as he explains why he left a position that was paying him close to $300k per year to start his own firm and the Jumpstart community. You will learn the value an aspiring financial professional will gain from the various resources and programs Dominique offers, as well as what skills he thinks new professionals need to develop to be successful long-term in financial planning. If you want to build your skills and add massive value to an employer, then this episode is for you.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Dominique's upbringing shaped who he is today. (2:58)
- How he got started in his business. (5:16)
- Why he left his $300k/year position to pursue a job more aligned with his needs. (8:14)
- How to get started with Jumpstart and how it can benefit you. (16:00)
- How Dominique manages his time between Jumpstart and DJH Capital. (20:45)
- What needs to happen in order to increase the reach and be more inclusive in the financial advisory industry. (24:45)
- Why mindset and self-work are so important. (31:20)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I was fortunate enough to have a rainbow of ethnicities in my peer group all throughout my time in the military … and I think that really helped me to understand people a lot better and not have preconceived notions.” - Dominique… Click To Tweet “I wanted to create Jumpstart for a place that you could get information from an expert and allow you to decide your path based on what’s best for you.” - Dominique Henderson Click To Tweet “The biggest challenge is always going to be preparedness.” - Dominique Henderson Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.