Victoria Lawrence is an Associate Financial Planner with Morris Financial Concepts in Charleston, SC. She joins the show today to share her unique journey from aspiring investment banker to financial planner, including how she entered the financial planning profession. If you are seeking to get hired into a financial planning firm without a financial planning degree, this is an episode for you!
Drawing from her rich experiences growing up in Hong Kong, Victoria opens up about the process of finding her ideal firm, how her role has matured over time, and a pivotal chat with her parents' financial planner that got her started on her path. Listen in to gain insights into the challenges and rewards of the profession and valuable advice for newcomers to the field.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Victoria got started in her financial planning journey. (1:45)
- What it was like growing up in Hong Kong. (3:50)
- Why she chose financial planning for her career. (6:50)
- Why she was interested in Morris Financial. (11:05)
- Victoria’s tips for new planners. (17:15)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“After my third year of college, I knew that investment banking was not for me.” - Victoria Lawrence Click To Tweet I had the most wonderful experience in Hong Kong.” - Victoria Lawrence Click To Tweet “My generation is all about texting and emailing—they don’t like picking up the phone, but it shows initiative.” - Victoria Lawrence Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Victoria Lawrence: LinkedIn
- Finding your Path: The Roadmap from Student to Successful Financial Planner by Caleb Brown
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: