Kelli Cruz is the Founder and CEO of Cruz Consulting Group, a consulting firm that specializes in human capital and compensation consulting for the financial planning profession. Kelli joins the show to chat about what she is seeing from the trenches of her consulting work, including the biggest struggle that her clients are facing right now. If you are considering a new opportunity or preparing for a job interview, this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
Listen in as Kelli shares the type of team management that is no longer effective, what clients are looking for in new team members, and how career paths have evolved over time. We also discuss the biggest mistakes that planners are making in their careers, what job applicants should be asking in interviews, and the timelines for progressing through the ranks of an advisory firm career ladder.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What Kelli’s clients are most struggling with right now. (5:30)
- What she is seeing with compensation. (8:10)
- How to bring up compensation in the interview process. (10:30)
- What clients are looking for in new hires. (15:40)
- How to evaluate the full benefits package. (25:15)
- The biggest mistakes that job seekers are making. (31:25)
- Kelli’s tips for new planners. (33:45)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“The most important decision that the manager of a firm can make is who they bring on board.” - Kelli Cruz Click To Tweet “Retention is really key.” - Kelli Cruz Click To Tweet “As a job seeker, you should know what your worth is in the market.” - Kelli Cruz Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.