Dan Malone is a Partner with WDW Financial based out of Dallas, TX. He joins the show today to talk about how he transitioned into financial planning after a career as a firefighter. If you are interested in becoming a partner at an established firm, this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
Listen in as Dan shares how he became interested in becoming a firefighter, why he chose to also become a paramedic, and how he pursued a college degree while also working full-time. We also dive into why financial planning is the perfect career for him, how he secured the CFP certification, and how he made partner after only three years.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Dan’s career prior to becoming a financial planner. (1:40)
- Why he transitioned into financial planning. (7:30)
- Why Dan chose WDW to work at. (14:30)
- How he became partner at the firm. (17:00)
- What the partnership agreement looked like. (20:55)
- Dan’s advice for other career changers. (24:00)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I’ve been fortunate to have two very rewarding careers.” - Dan Malone Click To Tweet We need career changers to come in and supplement that gap.” - Dan Malone Click To Tweet “You are in charge of your own success.” - Dan Malone Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Dan Malone: LinkedIn
- Kansas State University
- Texas A&M University Financial Planning Program
- The History of Financial Planning: The Transformation of Financial Services by E. Denby Brandon
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: