Carrie Jones is a Certified Financial Planner based out of Orlando, FL, and she joins the show today to talk about her career in financial planning, including how she knew she wanted to be a financial planner as early as 8 years old. If you are a new planner seeking unique ways to gain valuable experience in your career, this is an episode for you!
Listen in as Carrie shares how she got her start in the insurance channel, why that path was not the best fit for her, and how she took time away from her career to start a family—but was able to successfully re-enter the workforce. We also discuss why many fee-only RIA firms do not want to hire people who are new to the profession, as well as how we are working together, along with Sue Chesney, to change that with the launch of our new venture, Planning Zoo.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Carrie landed in the financial planning industry. (2:00)
- How Planning Zoo is filling a gap in the profession for new planners. (5:45)
- Why a firm would want to outsource their data entry. (9:45)
- How Planning Zoo works and what it costs. (12:35)
- The benefits of Planning Zoo for students. (15:00)
- How to get involved with Planning Zoo. (18:35)
- The benefits of a career in financial planning. (24:00)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Financial planning can really push you along in life, and you can do whatever you want with it.” - Carrie Jones Click To Tweet “Creating a group of students who can add value from day one was my big push.” - Carrie Jones Click To Tweet “Your fees tell a story.” - Carrie Jones Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
Download your free copy of the New Planner Career Roadmap!
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Leave a Reply