Geof Brown is the CEO of The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the nation’s leading organization of fee-only comprehensive financial planning professionals. Today he joins the show to discuss NAPFA’s mission, as well as its history and why people should look into joining NAPFA—no matter what stage of their career they're in. He also shares the current membership status and future growth goals, including his vision for the organization going forward.
Listen in as Geof explains how the NAPFA Genesis community within the organization helps to ensure new planners and fee-only firms are successful. You will hear his thoughts on the future of the profession and how to attract more diverse and inclusive candidates. If you are employed in or are considering a career in a fee-only firm, this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- The history of NAPFA. (2:25)
- What Geof contributes to the growth of NAPFA. (5:56)
- Why someone should look at NAPFA. (7:20)
- How to get involved in volunteering for the association. (15:30)
- What NAPFA Genesis is and why it was started. (17:45)
- The cost of a membership. (20:25)
- How to attract a more diverse financial planner population. (22:30)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“We really do believe that a fee-for-service model is the most independent and objective way to service the public. You know, it allows for a planner to really focus on what’s in the best interest of their client.” - Geof Brown Click To Tweet “One of the things that really has struck me about this community is every practitioner is willing and interested and able to share what they’ve learned and their professional journey with those that are newest to the field.” - Geof… Click To Tweet “I think the big driver for us is whatever we are doing from an educational and professional standpoint is of high-quality.” - Geof Brown Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Geof Brown: Website | LinkedIn
- Caleb Brown: LinkedIn | Twitter
- NAPFA LinkedIn group
- New Planner Recruiting
- Successful Hiring for Financial Planners: The Human Capital Advantage by Caleb Brown
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: