Today, we welcome back Jesse Lineberry to interview Caleb on his new book, Finding your Path: The Roadmap from Student to Successful Financial Planner. If you are looking to excel in the financial planning field, this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
Listen in as we dive into the purpose behind the book, how to navigate the profession, and the various career paths that are available. We also discuss how to avoid common pitfalls, making this a valuable episode for both fresh graduates and career changers interested in financial planning.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Caleb's motivation and goals for writing Finding your Path. (1:26)
- Why clarity and understanding the financial planning profession are both crucial for newcomers. (3:18)
- Insights on professional development, internships, and the key qualities for success in financial planning. (12:16)
- Strategies for firm owners to attract and retain new talent effectively. (16:20)
- Three important takeaways from Caleb's latest book. (19:06)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I always knew, ever since I wrote that book, that I need to come out with something on the candidate side, the job seeker side.” - Caleb Brown Click To Tweet “The challenge is that a lot of these financial planning firms don't want average candidates.” - Caleb Brown Click To Tweet “You're going kind of straight from Single-A ball up to the big leagues, and you have to get up to speed really quickly..” - Caleb Brown Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Jesse Lineberry: LinkedIn
- Finding your Path: The Roadmap from Student to Successful Financial Planner by Caleb Brown
Download your free copy of the New Planner Career Roadmap! In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: