Every once in a while, we like to give an update on what is happening in the job market, from what we’re seeing when it comes to compensation to what compensation packages are being accepted and rejected. Jesse Lineberry is a CFP and Account Executive with New Planner Recruiting, and he joins me today to talk about what he’s seeing with the recruiting in the trenches.
Listen in as we share what compensation looks like on both sides of the hiring process, how to streamline the process for everyone involved, and how the push to virtual has impacted the overall marketplace. We also discuss what job seekers can do to make themselves stand out and what you can expect as an average base salary if you’re a paraplanner, an associate advisor, or a career-changer.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What firm owners looking to hire should know. (1:30)
- What jobs seekers need to know to stand out. (3:20)
- What compensation data looks like today. (5:50)
- The factors that are inflating compensation. (15:45)
- The odds of success once an offer is made. (20:40)
- Some of the more surprising rejection data points. (25:30)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“It’s an unprecedented time in the profession.” - Jesse Lineberry Click To Tweet “It’s going to be a hurry-up-and-wait type of scenario.” - Jesse Lineberry Click To Tweet “Make sure you go into every interview ready to knock the cover off the ball. ” - Jesse Lineberry Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Jesse Lineberry: LinkedIn
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.