Chloe Denning is an Analyst with Wealthstream Advisors based out of New York City, and she joins the show today to talk about how she pivoted from a successful career in the hospitality industry to jump into the financial planning profession. If you are in a career that serves people but are looking for a more rewarding and fulfilling role, this is an episode for you!
Listen in as Chloe discusses how she first found the financial planning industry, how she was able to complete the CFP education requirement despite being out of student mode for a few years, and how she knew that her current firm was the right fit for her. She also shares what her responsibilities entail as an Analyst, what she loves most about her job, and how she has cultivated her confidence to combat the all-too-common imposter syndrome.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What it’s been like for Chloe in her first year in financial planning. (2:00)
- How Chloe pivoted to financial planning. (2:50)
- How her past experience has helped her succeed in the financial planning industry. (6:15)
- What it was like going back to school after a year out of student mode. (7:00)
- How she knew her current firm was a good fit. (10:45)
- The most challenging part of her role. (13:10)
- What a normal study schedule looks like for Chloe. (19:00)
- How she overcomes imposter syndrome. (22:15)
- What she wishes she had done differently. (23:30)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I’m so glad I made the transition to financial planning.” - Chloe Denning Click To Tweet “I felt that the financial planning field was a match made in heaven.” - Chloe Denning Click To Tweet “In financial planning, I’m able to see more directly the impact of my work.” - Chloe Denning Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.