Nate Nassif is a Talent Management Consultant with a specialty in organizational design, career development, diversity and inclusion, performance measurement, and employee life cycle management. He joins the show today to share his perspective on hiring, culture, and leadership within a large RIA firm.
Listen in as Nate shares why culture and culture fit are crucial elements to a successful employment relationship, how job seekers can find the best opportunities with top firms, and how they can negotiate for a larger compensation. If you want to know what it takes to get hired by a large RIA firm, this episode is for you!
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Nate found his way into financial planning. (1:00)
- Why it’s important to have a great culture and culture fit. (2:40)
- How to find out if you’re the best fit for a role. (7:15)
- Career management, performance measurement, and momentum. (10:00)
- The importance of aligned leadership. (14:00)
- How Nate’s firm handles compensation and what you can do to increase your compensation. (20:00)
- Nate’s tips for new planners. (24:50)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I view culture as absolutely central and the bedrock of the way the firm interacts, both internally and externally.” - Nate Nassif Click To Tweet “The pandemic has changed the talent acquisition game in fundamental ways.” - Nate Nassif Click To Tweet “Train with discipline, play with instinct.” - Nate Nassif Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Nate Nassif: LinkedIn
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein
- Peacock TV
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.