Jenny Hood is a Financial Planner with St. Clair Financial based out of Roseville, CA. She stops by the show today to discuss not only how she first got started in financial planning, but also how she managed to find her first real financial planning position—and why she stayed in that role for over 11 years.
Listen in as we discuss Jenny’s experience with managing her career while also raising small children, why she first got involved with the Financial Planning Association, and some of the pros and cons of both large and small RIA firms. You'll learn some of the reasons why more women are not entering the financial planning profession and Jenny's tips for younger women who are just entering the industry.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Jenny got started in the financial planning industry. (2:15)
- How she found her first job in financial planning. (6:15)
- How she managed to study for her CFP exam with a new baby. (13:00)
- Why there are not as many women in the profession as there are men. (13:50)
- Why Jenny decided to participate in the FPA. (15:15)
- Why she left her previous firm after 11 and a half years. (18:30)
- The pros and cons of large and small firms. (23:20)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I knew I didn’t want to go to a big wirehouse.” - Jenny Hood Click To Tweet “Joining the FPA really did wonders for me, professionally and personally. ” - Jenny Hood Click To Tweet “You can’t just show up and expect a community to form around you. You have to build it.” - Jenny Hood Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
Download your free copy of the New Planner Career Roadmap!
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Leave a Reply