Jared Tobin is an Associate Financial Planner, and Klint Olive is the Founder and CEO of Olive Wealth Management based out of Houston, TX. Klint hired Jared straight out of school, and today he shares what stood out about Jared and what makes him such a great fit, even after just six months. If you are wondering what you could be doing in the industry in only a few short months, make sure to tune in.
You'll hear Klint share his experience starting his own firm, why operating as a sole practitioner limited his growth, and how he knew it was time to hire. Jared also opens up about why he made the transition from engineering to financial planning, how he narrowed down what type of firm he wanted to work for, and why he chose to join Olive Wealth Management.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Klint’s career path and starting his own firm. (2:30)
- How he knew it was time to hire someone. (15:30)
- How Jared became interested in financial planning. (17:15)
- How he got clarity on what kind of firm he wanted to work for. (20:10)
- What makes for a good internship opportunity from Jared’s perspective. (22:00)
- Why Jared wanted to work for Olive Wealth Management. (24:15)
- What made Klint take a risk hiring Jared straight out of school. (27:00)
- How Jared has added value to the firm in the slower times. (31:20)
- The biggest challenge Jared has faced in his first six months. (34:00)
- Klint’s future vision for Jared in the firm. (39:30)
- Why Jared stood out from other candidates. (42:00)
- What an average day looks like for Jared. (44:50)
- What his favorite part of his new career experience has been. (53:25)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I got to a point where there was ample work servicing my clients and more prospects than I could reach out to.” - Klint Olive Click To Tweet “It was easy enough to tell that it would be a great fit for me. ” - Jared Tobin Click To Tweet “It didn’t feel like I was gambling.” - Jared Tobin Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.