Sean Alford is a Senior Financial Planner and Investment Solutions Manager with CFO4Life, an RIA based out of Coppell, TX. He joins the show today to share his career path, from graduating from a CFP undergraduate program to finally finding a good career fit in his current firm and transitioning to a recruiting and hiring role within that firm.
Listen in as Sean discusses the recruiting process he went through to join CFO4Life, the career trajectory he has been on over the last few years, and how he manages recruiting and hiring. We also discuss how his recruiting, compensation, and training philosophies have led to less employee turnover, as well as what he looks for in candidates he considers for employment.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Sean’s career path to his current firm. (2:10)
- What his experience was like going through New Planner Recruiting. (10:45)
- What the transition has been like for Sean moving to a recruiting role. (14:40)
- How he evaluates the cultural fit of employment candidates. (20:45)
- What the training process is like at CFO4Life. (22:00)
- Why CFO4Life looks for entry-level candidates. (24:20)
- Why candidates should consider CFO4Life over other firms and how they approach compensation. (25:44)
- What Sean looks for in potential candidates. (28:00)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I really think we can eliminate some turnover if we enhance the front-end process and make sure there is a good cultural fit.” - Sean Alford Click To Tweet “We want somebody who has a desire to work in this industry and serve clients more than anything else.” - Sean Alford Click To Tweet “We do spend a lot of time with new hires showing them all areas of the business.” - Sean Alford Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: