Krista Sheets is the President of Paragon Resources, a practice management consulting and training firm that works exclusively within the financial services industry. She joins the show today to share her passion for better understanding personnel behavior and teaching businesses and individuals how to succeed in their professional and personal lives.
Listen in as Krista discusses what tools Paragon utilizes to help aspiring professionals select the right profession, corresponding job opportunity, and career path. You'll learn how she is able to determine what profiles are appropriate for specific roles within the company, the biggest mistake employers make when trying to hire, and what you need to be doing right now to ensure you’re are getting maximum ROP—Return of People.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Krista got into talent assessment and team advising. (2:55)
- The increasing need for assessment of talent and teams. (6:26)
- The assessments and programs Krista's firm uses to help individuals and businesses. (9:00)
- Understanding the models, what goes into them, and how they work. (18:27)
- How assessment can help people find the right position, purpose, and career path. (20:44)
- How Krista's company helps firm owners and entrepreneurs hone in their focus. (25:36)
- How to use assessments for younger generations to get them started strong. (28:13)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I love helping people find out what their true gifts and talents are and seeing them flourish rather than seeing them constantly leaving organizations.” - Krista Sheets Click To Tweet “A lot of planners are being forced into making decisions because what they had before COVID is not going to work in the future.” - Krista Sheets Click To Tweet “We can understand how people behave truly as their real self vs. how they adapt for their environment or situation—which can lead to an understanding of workplace stress.” - Krista Sheets Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.