Kyle Jahnke is a financial advisor at the RWS Group based out of Saginaw, MI, and he joins the show today to discuss his transition into the financial planning profession after four years in a corporate finance role. If you’re a career changer or in the process of preparing for the Series 7 exam, this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
Listen in as Kyle delves into his journey from a corporate finance role at a prominent Fortune 500 company to his current position as an advisor. He unpacks the steps he took to pass the Series 7 exam, from the materials he invested in to his dedicated study strategy. You'll hear the challenges he faced, the questions that predominated the exam, and invaluable advice for future test-takers.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Kyle’s transition from corporate finance to financial planning. (1:45)
- Where his interest in personal finance came from. (5:00)
- The licensing he had to get to join a firm. (8:40)
- The benefits of getting the Series 7. (9:15)
- How Kyle got through the exam process. (10:50)
- How to best prepare for the exam. (18:50)
- Tips for preparing for the test schedule. (23:30)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Part of the reason I’m even in this profession is because of this podcast.” - Kyle Jahnke Click To Tweet It just came down to the fact that I always had a tug to come into personal finance and help real people sitting right across the desk from me.” - Kyle Jahnke Click To Tweet “Instead of thinking about what I think I should do, maybe I should actually gravitate towards something that I naturally enjoy.” - Kyle Jahnke Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Kyle Jahnke: LinkedIn
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative Exam
- Finding your Path: The Roadmap from Student to Successful Financial Planner by Caleb Brown
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: