Nicky Amore is a financial planner with Falcon Wealth Planning based out of Chicago, IL. She joins the show today to chat about her unique journey into the financial planning industry, including how early life challenges, like injuries and time in a wheelchair, shaped her perspective. If you have had setbacks and need a boost of encouragement to keep moving forward, this is definitely an episode you won’t want to miss!
Listen in as Nicky shares how she went from working at Starbucks in college (and swiftly rising to manage a store by 25) to transitioning among several financial roles due to her expertise in employee benefits. Eventually finding her place at an RIA, Nicky is now committed to education and offers insightful wisdom for aspiring financial planners.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Nicky’s experience managing a Starbucks store. (6:45)
- How she manages priorities. (9:20)
- How being a crisis counselor helped her in financial planning. (11:00)
- How Nicky got into the financial industry. (13:00)
- When she decided to become a financial planner. (15:15)
- What it’s like living in a wheelchair. (17:25)
- What’s next for Nicky. (20:00)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I took one class on finance and fell in love with it.” - Nicky Amore Click To Tweet “Never assume people think like you do. Common sense is not all that common.” - Nicky Amore Click To Tweet “People aren't giving us their money. They're giving us the privilege of managing it for them and helping them make decisions.” - Nicky Amore Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Nicky Amore: LinkedIn
- Savvy Ladies
- Finding your Path: The Roadmap from Student to Successful Financial Planner by Caleb Brown
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.