Ariana Alisjahbana is an Associate Advisor at North Berkeley Wealth Management, and she stops by the show today to share her story of transitioning to financial planning after five years in marketing roles in big tech companies. If you are in a big tech firm and seeking to make a change to financial planning, then this is an episode for you!
Tune in to hear Ariana share the pivotal moment when she decided to pursue financial planning full-time, why big tech wasn't fulfilling for her, and how she approached her transition by conducting a series of small experiments. We also discuss how she passed the CFP exam, how she narrowed down the type of financial planning firm she wanted to work for, and how she found career opportunities within the industry.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What Ariana got started in after graduating college. (2:00)
- How Ariana discovered financial planning. (5:00)
- How she used little experiments to transition to a financial planning career. (9:00)
- Why she made the decision to leave tech. (11:00)
- What it was like getting a job after passing the CFP. (19:15)
- Ariana’s tips for networking. (23:20)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I was born to help, my heart was not in the right place, and I just could not do that long-term.” - Ariana Alisjahbana Click To Tweet “I thought it was the ultimate form of adulting.” - Ariana Alisjahbana Click To Tweet “I was like a cog in a financial wheel.” - Ariana Alisjahbana Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Ariana Alisjahbana: LinkedIn
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: