Eric Joynt is an Associate Financial Planner at Prospettiva Financial, and he joins the show today to talk about how he became interested in investing and financial planning while in college. If you are in a different channel within financial services and want to transition to an RIA firm, this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
Listen in as Eric shares how he started his career with a property and casualty-focused organization, as well as how he moved up the career ladder. You'll hear about his transition to a financial coaching role, the differences between financial coaching and planning, and what he learned during his tenure. We also discuss how he found his current firm and how the hiring and interview process helped him better understand himself to become a better planner.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Eric got started in financial planning. (2:00)
- How he got started at State Farm and his experience there. (4:30)
- Eric’s experience as a financial coach. (8:00)
- The difference between financial planning and financial coaching. (12:45)
- Why Eric decided to leave the coaching role. (15:50)
- Why he chose to pursue his CFP and enter into holistic financial planning. (21:20)
- Tips for new planners. (26:30)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Ultimately, how I got started with State Farm was just a foot in the door.” - Eric Joynt Click To Tweet “It was gruelling at the time, but I learned a lot in that role.” - Eric Joynt Click To Tweet “There were no sales involved, but I’d like to think that we had an impact in terms of product development on a broader scale.” - Eric Joynt Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: