Today we have two special guests joining the show from Cranbrook Wealth in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan: Casey Bear, CEO, and Logan Ross, Advisor. Casey and Logan work with three other colleagues to manage $800 million for 225 clients, and they are here to share their individual journeys in becoming important members of the Cranbrook team.
Listen as Casey discusses how he was hired into the firm as an advanced planning analyst with no experience—and then got promoted to CEO at just 31 years old. You'll also hear Logan open up about his first few years in the profession, including his challenges in finding a firm that he could grow with, why he chose to join Cranbrook, and how he gained the team's trust to become the lead advisor for 50 ultra-affluent clients by age 29.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Casey got into the business and became CEO of the firm. (2:48)
- Why Casey led the firm out of the insurance channel. (8:27)
- The number of clients they have right now. (13:16)
- The process of bringing Logan into the firm. (14:07)
- What Logan was looking for in a firm and how he got hired. (18:35)
- What Logan needed to work on when he started at the firm. (26:28)
- The earning potential at Cranbrook. (36:37)
- Why Logan has stayed with Cranbrook for 5 years. (40:55)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“It should never be a financial decision to go independent.”- Casey Bear Click To Tweet “At the end of the day, we’re unlicensed psychologists.”- Casey Bear Click To Tweet “Hire the right person and put them in the right environment, and you will get a return on investment.”- Casey Bear Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Casey Bear: Website | LinkedIn
- Logan Ross: Website | LinkedIn
- Caleb Brown: LinkedIn | Twitter
- New Planner Recruiting, LLC on YouTube
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.