Jessica Harrington is an Executive Business Coach at Carson Coaching in Dallas, TX. She joins the show today to share her story of becoming interested in financial planning and working as a coach for financial planners, as well as what she has learned throughout her career. If you are starting a new position and are looking for some inside information on how to have success, then you won’t want to miss this episode!
Listen in as Jessica divulges the valuable lessons she has learned from her experiences helping over 200 planners, including the differences between coaching and consulting. Additionally, she highlights the top traits she believes lead to success in the field, offers suggestions on what qualities new planners should look for in hiring firms, and breaks down what separates the best career opportunities from the rest.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Jessica got started in her career. (2:20)
- The challenges of coaching financial advisors. (4:15)
- What to look for in a good firm. (7:15)
- How to negotiate for what you want as a new hire. (11:20)
- What you can expect to pay for a coach. (14:40)
- How to wow the firm’s owner once you’re hired. (18:20)
- When to use Kolbe in the hiring process. (19:30)
- Characteristics of the most successful hires. (21:30)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“I really get to live in my highest and best use of my time and passion.” - Jessica Harrington Click To Tweet “Coaching is really partnering with someone to understand, define, and execute to their objections of whatever happiness and success looks like faster than they would get to on their own. ’” - Jessica Harrington Click To Tweet Putting something down today doesn’t mean that you have to be stuck there for 10 years.” - Jessica Harrington Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Jessica Harrington: LinkedIn
- The Emerging Advisor Growth Accelerator Program
- FinServ Foundation
- Carson Coaching Scholarship
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: