Bethany Park is a paraplanner at Stonebridge Financial Planning Group based out of Orlando, FL. She joins the show today to discuss her path into the financial planning profession from a teaching career. If you are considering changing careers and joining the financial planning profession, this is an episode for you!
Listen in as Bethany shares why she transitioned out of her teaching career and into the industry, what got her interested in the profession, and how she secured her first position in the industry. We also discuss the reasons she joined her current firm, why working with a ‘women in transition’ client niche is a perfect fit for her, and the most difficult part of transitioning into the financial planning profession.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Bethany’s role as a paraplanner today and how she transitioned into this industry. (2:00)
- How she first got into the field. (5:50)
- How she transitioned from office manager to paraplanner. (9:30)
- The biggest challenge Bethany has faced in her career so far. (12:15)
- The skills she is working on now. (14:30)
- What’s next for her. (20:00)
- Bethany’s tips for new paraplanners. (22:15)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“When I interviewed with them, there was an obvious connection.” - Bethany Park Click To Tweet “When I realized that this was a great place to work, I just wanted to propel my career forward and I plan to be here forever.” - Bethany Park Click To Tweet “We value our clients and we value our employees having balance.” - Bethany Park Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.