Scarlett Che is a Wealth Planning Senior Associate at Austin Asset based out of Austin, TX, and she joins the show today to talk about how she is progressing in her financial planning career. If you are trying to figure out where you would like to be on the advisory career track, this is an episode for you!
Listen in as Scarlett shares her story about immigrating from China, how she got interested in financial planning over other career choices, and how she snagged her first financial planning job. We also talk about why Scarlett eventually left her first firm, how she built her skills and confidence in a support role, and why she recently joined a new firm in a lateral move.
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What Scarlett’s current role looks like. (1:50)
- How she got started in financial planning. (4:25)
- How she grew her confidence in financial planning. (12:30)
- What it is like being a female Asian financial planner. (20:45)
- How to get more young talent in the financial planning industry. (22:15)
- Scarlett’s tips for new planners. (23:20)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“In the long run, clients will benefit more from partnering with a firm where the consistent experience is provided.” - Scarlett Che Click To Tweet The most important thing for me is that I continue working towards my goals.” - Scarlett Che Click To Tweet “Be true to who you are and find your competitive advantage.” - Scarlett Che Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.