Welcome to the 100th episode of the New Planner Podcast! To celebrate this milestone, we thought we would flip things around a little bit and have Jesse Lineberry and Jayla Blakemore interview Caleb about his career and the birth of New Planner Recruiting. If you are thinking of entering the financial planning profession, this is an episode you definitely won't want to miss!
Listen in as Caleb shares his unique story of finding a career in financial planning and why he decided to go into career development and recruiting within the profession and lay the groundwork for New Planner Recruiting. He also shares what he sees as the biggest challenge facing the industry over the next decade, the one key skill that every financial planner needs to succeed, and his advice for new planners just entering the profession—whether they’re just out of school or changing careers!
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- What made Caleb decide to pursue financial planning. (1:20)
- Why he decided to start a recruiting firm. (4:00)
- The epiphany that led to the structure of New Planner Recruiting. (7:30)
- The most critical challenge coming for the financial planning industry over the next 10 years. (9:40)
- The one key skill that every financial planner needs. (11:00)
- What motivates Caleb to continue in the profession. (17:50)
- The one client he would want to have as a financial planning client. (20:30)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“We set out to create something different.” - Caleb Brown Click To Tweet “The majority of firms are really struggling with the human capital piece.” - Caleb Brown Click To Tweet “If you have a sense of urgency, you can do really well in this industry.” - Caleb Brown Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: