Joey Stemmle’s love and fascination with money blossomed from a young age, when his mother taught him how to not only save money but invest it, as well. He is now a financial advisor for Riverstone Wealth Advisory Group, located in Midlothian, Virginia. In this episode, Joey shares his advice for job seekers and the best way to go about maximizing your networking.
Listen in as he shares what the financial planning association Nexgen group is all about and how it played an integral role in his career and ongoing development. You will learn how he manages his time efficiently, what he loves most about the Nexgen community, and more. If you are looking to build your leadership skills, this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Joey got into Financial Planning. (3:15)
- What he was not fond of about the UBS wirehouse model. (7:40)
- His tip for job-seekers. (10:05)
- What the Nexgen group is all about. (14:45)
- How to join FPA and who is eligible for Nexgen. (18:50)
- The thing Joey will never forget about his first gathering experience. (25:02)
- Why he decided to get his CFP designation. (26:30)
- His advice for anyone transitioning in their career. (33:40)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“It’s more than just investments. It’s looking at someone's insurance, it’s looking at their taxes.” - Joey Stemmle Click To Tweet “The person that you’re talking to may not be the person that gets you the job, but the person they introduce you to may end up getting you the job.” - Joey Stemmle Click To Tweet “The Nexgen community, and financial planning as a whole, is such a collaborative space that people are just willing to share best practices and processes and excel sheets because we are all trying to elevate the profession as a whole.”… Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Joey Stemmle: LinkedIn
- Caleb Brown: LinkedIn | Twitter
- New Planner Recruiting
- FPA Activate Facebook Group
- You’re a Financial Planner…Now What? Podcast
- The Next Generation Planner Magazine
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.