Today Kyra Morris and Tiffany Ritchie of Morris Financial Concepts join the show. Kyra and Tiffany work with the rest of their team to serve 250 clients with over $280 million in AUM, and in this episode, they share how having families while running a successful firm has worked for them, as well as the challenges they have faced along the way.
Listen in as they explain how they were connected and why Tiffany ultimately chose Kyra’s offer of employment. You will learn the importance of the firm's values and culture and how Kyra mentored Tiffany, allowing her to gain confidence with clients. If you’re an aspiring female financial planner that might be hesitant to enter a currently male-dominated profession, this is the episode for you!
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- Why Kyra switched her profession from scientist to financial advisor. (2:46)
- Why she started her own firm. (3:50)
- How Tiffany connected with Kyra. (5:35)
- Tiffany’s struggles with finding salaried level opportunities. (10:40)
- Why Tiffany decided to pursue schooling in psychology to better her career. (16:22)
- Why she has been so successful. (24:50)
- How Tiffany gained confidence with clients. (26:33)
- Why Kyra began transitioning clients to Tiffany. (29:50)
- How they have managed families while running a successful business. (40:43)
- How to develop a good relationship with your boss. (44:15)
Ideas Worth Sharing:“It didn’t matter to me that it might be hard to find a job. What mattered to me was to find the right fit. I didn’t want to take whatever was offered to me.” - Tiffany Ritchie Click To Tweet “I think just taking a couple courses on typical—instead of atypical—psychology would really benefit anybody who is going into this line of work.” - Tiffany Ritchie Click To Tweet “Building our staff has been the most difficult part about running the business.” - Kyra Morris Click To Tweet
Resources In Today's Episode:
- Kyra Morris: LinkedIn | Website
- Tiffany Ritchie: LinkedIn | Website
- Caleb Brown: LinkedIn | Twitter
- FPA Residency Program
- New Planner Recruiting
- Successful Hiring for Financial Planners: The Human Capital Advantage by Caleb Brown
In this roadmap, you'll be guided through the details of various stages of your financial planner career, including position descriptions, licensing, skill and experience level requirements, and compensation ranges.