I am very excited to announce the release of my new book Finding Your Path: The Roadmap from Student to Successful Financial Planner.
I have advocated for people seeking to enter the financial planning profession for my entire career and will continue to do so for the rest of my career. Over the last three years, I have been compiling and consolidating all the best practices I have learned from being in the trenches of the financial planning profession talent market for the last 20 years.
It is chock full of tips on increasing your professionalism, advice on how to interview firms, resources, and detailed scripts where we lay out exactly what to say so you can “wow” employers.
Other things you may find helpful in the book are:
- How to determine which type of role you are best suited for
- Objective comparisons of the various channels available to you to enter the profession
- Detailed overviews of the firm structures that have been around since the beginning plus up and coming
- Where to find internships and jobs that might not be listed on a job board
- Why the interview process should not be taken lightly and how to interview the interviewer
- How to professionally contact firms for internship and job opportunities
- What reasonable compensation levels are and how to secure the best offer
- Insight as to what firms are really offering a good opportunity versus those that only say they are
- How you can secure training, mentoring, and coaching to continue learning
- And much more!
In addition, my hope is that this book will help aspiring financial planners gain more clarity about what career path options are available to them and the pros and cons of each. Plus guidance on which one might be the correct path for them, how to secure a position, and then succeed once they have made their selection. My goal was to approach it from the three different perspectives I operate from - a recruiter's viewpoint as CEO of New Planner Recruiting, a CFP® professional perspective as a practicing planner working with pro-bono as well as high net worth clients, and as an educator of the next generation of financial planners as an adjunct professor of financial planning. I also included some of my story of breaking into the profession to highlight how it has not changed much over the years.
I am really honored to be a part of this profession that is truly like no other.
Buy your copy of Finding Your Path: The Roadmap from Student to Successful Financial Planner here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9SQHHM9?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860