Congratulations to our 2017 NPR CFP Scholarship recipients:
Shujun C. - Texas Tech University
Joshua S. - Utah Valley University
Overview and Mission
The New Planner Recruiting, LLC CFP® Exam Scholarship program provides a reimbursement to the scholarship recipient for the fee incurred to take and pass the CFP® Exam. For those who are interested in applying, we will be offering the program again next year. See below for details.
New Planner Recruiting, LLC is committed to the next generation of financial planners and encourages all aspiring planners to pursue the CFP® certification so they will be positioned for long term career success in the financial planning profession. To facilitate this, we are offering these scholarships beginning in 2014 to cover the exam fee portion of the certification process for students in a CFP Board Registered Degree Program.
Each of the winners will receive reimbursement for what it cost them to take the CFP® certification examination. All awards will be paid in arrears once all criteria have been met including passing the exam. No partial awards will be granted. The decisions to award these scholarships shall be made at the full discretion of the New Planner Recruiting, LLC Scholarship Program Selection Committee. All applicants are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by all of the guidelines.
To be eligible for any scholarship award, all of the following qualifications must be met:
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a CFP Board registered financial planning degree (certificate program students are not eligible at this time) program. The “target audience” includes candidates who have graduated, or expect to graduate, between December 2016 and August 2018 inclusive. To verify a program is registered, visit the CFP Board web site: http://www.cfp-board.org/.
- Intention to take all required courses for the CFP Board’s certification examination and fulfill all requirements to become a CFP® certificant. A comprehensive CFP® exam review course is also suggested.
- Complete and submit a truthful, timely and complete application package. The application package includes:
- Application form demonstrating academic and personal accomplishments (i.e. grades and degrees received, professional and community involvement, ambitions, etc.).
- Proof of academic record such as an original transcript (or equivalent) from your institution.
- Two letters of recommendation from either professors or CFP® professionals in good standing. We prefer to have these letters on original letterhead, accompanying your application and transcript; however, e-mail format is acceptable as long as the Selection Committee can reasonably confirm its validity (e.g. include author’s phone contact information).
- Pass the CFP® certification examination anytime before December 31 of the year following the year of award and submit proof to the New Planner Recruiting, LLC Scholarship Program Committee (e.g. 2017 award recipients must pass before Dec. 31, 2018, to receive their scholarship payment).
The decisions to award these scholarships shall be made at the full discretion of the New Planner Recruiting, LLC Scholarship Program Selection Committee. All applicants are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by all of the guidelines.
Requirements and Process
- Complete application packages must be postmarked on or before: April 30th, 2018
- The Selection Committee is not obligated to consider partially completed application packages. Application documents postmarked after the deadline date above will be considered incomplete. E-mails received after April 30th or later are likewise late.
Attn: Caleb Brown, MBA, CFP®
1860 Barnett Shoals Rd Suite 103 PMB 445
Athens, GA 30605
NOTE:These are all merit-based scholarships. Financial need is not a consideration. Limit one scholarship per individual. Recipients will receive their due award upon fulfillment of stated requirements.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements.